What's THIS for ?
POIViewer manages POI (Points of Interest) on your iPhone/iPad/iPodTouch.
POI can be imported from
- POI Files import (.csv (Garmin), .ov2 (Tomtom), .asc., .gpx, .zip)
- KML/KMZ (only places can be imported)
- moveable marker on the map
- user current location.
- Foursquare places
- Wikipedia geotagged articles.
- Google maps website.
- Google maps embedded in any site (beta)
- POI research feature powered by Cloudmade.
For each place, you can view:
- Wikipedia articles
- Foursquare places and tips
- Flickr and Instagram photos
- Panoramio photo
- Google Streetview (beta)
- Geotagged photos from your device's photo library.
- Directions to the place via Maps or, if they are installed on your device, Tomtom and Navigon.
POI files can be imported via:
- iTunes file sharing
- the integrated web browser
- iPhone/iPad web browser (Mobile Safari)
- Place title and comment can be edited.
- HTML comment can be viewed (useful for KML places).
Places are organized into lists.
- Copy or move places from one list to another.
- Pin color or pin icon can be modified for each list
- Pin icon can be imported via iTunes (zip files supported).
- Pin icon can be pasted into the pin library.
- Pin icon can be imported from the internet with the integrated browser.
- Places and list can exported in KMZ format and sent by email.